Wednesday, November 24, 2010

While He Was Away

The funniest things happen when you least expected. Well to me its funny because i view life from an angle that looks at the root rather than the surface and its always funny and interesting what you find. Then also the odd times somethings tend to happen when its the last thing you want to deal with.

You know when you have had a fight or at a rocky place with your partner and that’s when a crush or a cute guy or even an old flame happen to come by showing you attention, affection and tempting you to chill with them rather than work on your relationship. Its funny how such times happen when you are not on good terms and the temptation to listen and give in is there.

Well these three months have been a true testimony to how to stay faithful to the man you love no matter what comes your way. Ok so I count myself blessed to have found a high placed job (in my field of work) given to me even before I finished Uni. I have had the chance to be a Producer of a production house that for now only serves the Church that I belong to. It is an in house production department with in our church. People my age are right now being assistants to the assistant or something of the sort and I am straight up in the ranks (I am saying this with a humble heart not boast, just a testimony to where God can take you).

Anyway I believe that God had me in this hectic position (trust me its no piece of cake) for a time as this. I have had long hard days put into my work as well as learnt and met some very interesting things and people respectively. This is what I meant in my earlier post about God keeping my hands constructive. This position has pushed me to the edge and showed me that I can do more than I think I can. I will not deny I have grown up as a person, producer and boss to those that I manage.

So back to the beginning, of how these weird balls life throws at me once in a while to see if I am stable in where I am standing. In the midst of this whole working experience, I have complained about the lots of work and how busy I am for my life. Only to look back and thank God for the busy time because an idle mind is the devil’s workshop and that is so true.

I will recount today’s experience into play so as to make sense in what I am writing about. First you should know that am at a busy season in my department and the whole Church as a whole as we come closer to the Christmas season. I am booked to my eyeballs in shoots and today I had a fun one mainly because the people who we were filming were cool people who did not make me hustle or have to call out many takes till the sun sets. Anyway, we are in the middle of the shoot and I get a phone call from an ex-boyfriend. I really needed to concentrate and do the shoot well because it was a bit of a delicate nature. There were some parts we could not capture after they were done in the first take. So this call comes in and thank God I ignored it. Later when he called again and I was able to pick up, I asked him what he was calling for and he says that he was just bored and wanted someone to talk to for fun. I hang up thanking God for not having my time wasted. So what am I trying to sell home?

Let me put it in this context, all these people who cheat or find themselves committing a crime or something don’t do it just out of the blue. It is just something that is built up in them by small incidents that eventually birth into action, Now in my case, if I had the time to flirt and talk to this guy because I was idle, it would lead to more time together like spending time with him. In the absence of the main man, ladies and gentlemen that would be creating room for disaster. These thing start slowly by slowly. One little action followed by the other and before you know it, you find yourself attracted and more inclined to this person’s company than that of your partner. The more time you invest in any relationship or friendship, the stronger it grows.

Not to be all holy or perfect but I have not given any other guy the time of day to entertain or keep me company all of these months while my darling was away. How is that possible? Simple, manage your surroundings or get involved in something that keeps you busy enough not to have time to entertain the thought of messing around. Another bonus it gives is when JN calls I am so excited and honestly happy he thought of me or he has taken time out of his already hectic schedule pay some attention from some of his already little time. In a way it keeps the fire burning in the relationship because you have not let any other wind blow down your fire.

Gladly God kept me busy and I was not and am still not able to entertain any outside interests and to me I would prefer no other way to do so. Lastly, I receive a work schedule that shows I have some days of shooting and spending time with the team JN (Yay!). My workmates are teasing me nonstop saying I will not concentrate since there is a “major” distraction. Maybe they are half right hahaha but then personally it would be a welcomed distraction.

9 days to go

Just Coz I Say So

7 comments:

  1. this is some deep stuff. keep it like that shara and you will make it. i bet you're really excited,im happy for you(just dont get too excited) wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Dont worry love that is also under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow baby! Thank you for being patient and keeping yoself pure for us!! I live u and committed to u and u alone all the way not even distance will come between us!!
    6 days to come back to you love:) can't wait and am hoping I will call u tomorrow morning before my day begins or during!
    I love you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok now... i see a reply from Jesse... *now singing* there's plenty love in the air lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha

    @P.E.T : Yeah The brother is representing haha. Yeah that's ma man Y'all(Blush blush)

    @Mbabazi: The Love na growing O.

    ReplyDelete