Saturday, November 27, 2010

Children


Today I had the privilege and challenge of working with children for one of the ads we are working on. So i had to spend some time with them so that when we get to the shoot they would be comfortable knowing someone amidst the crew and cameras.

I must say they were the sweetest bunch ever and i could tell they were brought up well with the best their parents could offer. They were not related so they were very diverse. It was two girls and a boy. So as the boy, Michael (who is the oldest like 7yrs) was trying to all act macho and mature, there was also the diva, Ivanca (about 6yrs) who had this drama queen attitude though in a sweet way. i was sure she wanted to be just like her mother. Then there was the youngest, Damita (about 4yrs) who would just melt me every time she opened her mouth to speak.

First of all, it was a like a breath of fresh air dealing with children and not the usual adults (who can be a pain). Then I had to pull out all my children skills to keep them motivated for all the takes that we had to do. After a lot of tries and bribing with sweets (which I found very productive since we got the best takes from them hehehe) we managed to get them rolling. By the time we were done, they still wanted to continue doing what they had been doing before until we told them it was over(and threw in a couple of more sweets as a thank you). It was an amazing experience and I also hope to have children of my own someday. Maybe 5? Maximum.

I was happy when we were done and going back to more work was not as an exhausting thought as it normally is after shoots. One thing I like about my job right now is the fact that I don't have my annoying bosses chasing me around and am doing my job with more productivity and self motivation that I wasn't able to exercise earlier.

Is there some work experiences you have had that you would like to share?

Nice weekend

2 comments:

  1. Children just have that innocence that endears one to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like kids babes. i would love to say that i cant wait to have my own but actually i can wait

    ReplyDelete