Friday, November 26, 2010

Friends and Frienemies


I work in a relational environment. Here people mind the other person's business. Both in the good and bad ways. It also happens to be the same place where JN works so we are a well known couple in the organization. Now that it is a week till he returns, everyone (some with good and others with bad intentions) is teasing me and watching me as the excited other half who was left behind.

I know some are jealous that JN's team comes back earlier than the usual teams that go out. But well that's their tough luck. One thing I have learnt and grown up to deal with is gossip and the knowledge that not everyone who smiles at you wishes you well. I work with so many people as we are the Communication Department and so all messages advertised and events go through our office and in the process i work with so many people frequently we become work friends. And some things like your relationship status come up. Since it is something am proud of am not afraid to share the basic stuff of how we met.

Later word comes to me (probably from the grape vine or a conversation) about a twisted version or how they wonder when you would be breaking up. At first, it used to nag me, but then I decided that those are unhappy people who have nothing to do with their lives but bad mouth other's happiness. So i rose above that. Am sure that I will not be shaken and now if the news is not from the source then I wont believe it.

So do I have friends they are few and they are my real friends. There is o one else i call friend apart from a chosen few. They are less than 10 but they have been the best ever. Honestly i would rather have non than a whole bunch of unreal "friends". Dont get me wrong am not perfect either but these few made the cut for me. I can be myself, my true self not afraid that two days later some one down the street will be knowing my business.

what are your thoughts?

Just Coz I Say So

1 comment:

  1. Babe am glad u r happy with what u r doing now!! Have u changed jobs? I mean yo role?? What do u do now??
    I just wanted to say that bribing is great motivation for children but it's never good!! It will cripple the children,they will start thinking that they can only do things fir others after a bribe and then that will grow into somehing else when they are grown ups!! There should be other ways:)
    And 5 sounds like a great number as long as they all have what they need!!) hahahah!!
    I love u baby! 6 more days:)

    ReplyDelete