Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today was a Battle but the Lord Won

I have had a difficult day but it all started the day before. Dad gave me news that would put my plans for leaving for Australia in July, to leaving in Feb next year. I wanted to be finishing next year so that i could come back and get married but then I think that wont happen.

I had already made a decision in my life to think positive no matter what so I did my best to fight the negative emptions. through out the day I focused on what I had to do and i must say I was having a wonderful day.

Later in the evening my Older sister Shivon called me to join her and her friends for dinner and I was happy to join. To cut the long story short as we were leaving I forgot my Iphone 3G at the hotel where we had the dinner. I realised i didnt have it when I was at home and all was too late, the management did not find the phone where we had left it.

so the battle begun....



It was not easy and fighting the emotion that came with a loss of something you loved and had organised your life around was hard. I had to fight the depression and miserable thoughts with music, the bible and encouraging words and prayer. Again it was not easy to say goodbye but the material things of this earth will always go one way or the other. A song came to mind while I was in this state that i cant explain because I am out if it now but the song was It is Well with my sould. after watching the video below! I felt ashamed for pining over an Iphone i can always buy (despite the fact that my contacts, notes and all are gone) while i cannot always buy back life. Plus I am better than ruled by a gadget. (I wince when I say that because all who know me know am a gadget freak!)
anyway here is the song with its story enjoy and ponder on the words. they changed my day"!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_EfDqF7YI

1 comment:

  1. aww ma dear, i know the feeling, my experience with that has taught me alot about getting attached to things. but here is the good news,most of the things i have now are somehow because i let go of what i had then. its actually a beautiful test that one must and should enjoy, let go of whats in ur hand to receive something better. and here is the kicker, it must not just leave your hands but heart...enjoy the experience. life is short, we came with nothing material n we are leaving with nothing...love you.

    ReplyDelete