Friday, March 18, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For


When I was still at Uni, I wished to get a stable job before I graduated. I got it, and it was a wonderful experience, I made many friends and learnt sooo much. in a short time more responsibility was handed to me. all was great and for the first few months I was walking on the clouds knowing I am the luckiest person I know. Then i got used to the system and the work became more and more of a task. Then the feeling of exploitation came in when I was told I was not going to be paid for longer than I thought. Is this what i really wished for?

I started wishing for a good paying job or some thing better than being exploited of my talent. When you dont specify you let anything be a possibility right? So i got a job offer, it was paying 5times more but then had nothing to do with my passion and what I love (Film and its relatives). I got the pay I lost doing what I loved.

Of late it has been soooo hot!! i was taking close to 5 litres a day of water and I have never sweated so much in my life!! It was so bad no one would walk out in the afternoon coz it was too hot to be out. i would even work a few extra hours till evening when the sun has set so that I could take my evening walk home. So ofcourse everyone including myself prayed hard and wished for the rain. Well wont you know it, it has come and in full blast!! so deafening you have to shout to tell your workmate something and it can get so cold!!

I am not complaining or regretting anything that has happened in my life. But all this rain has got me thinking, like the pussycat doll's song "be careful of what you wish for, coz you just might get it!" Are you ready for it? The question is... Are you ready for it?

I there anything you wished for and you got it and wondered why you wished for it? Share

Just Coz I Say So ;)

1 comment: