Friday, February 25, 2011

Daddy's Night out with his Girls

Precious memories come our way most times through unrehearsed and unplanned moments. When I woke up today, I did not think that it would end so beautifully. What would normally have been a simple nice dinner with my big sister Shivon, turned into a great time with our dad, that will be one to remember. He was so funny, we laughed like 60% of the time. We talked to him freely and interesting enough they were playing old skool music and he knew many of the songs and that birthed many stories of his youthful days and also some during the war.

At some point I sat back and took in the moment: The girls just hanging out with their daddy talking about all kinds of things that came to mind. We were free to ask him any question that we liked and there was not a moment of awkward silence the whole time we were at dinner. Even when the wonderful food, i might add, came somehow the conversation did not stop.

After a long hard day, I really deserved this laid back relaxing and amazing moment.

We also took the chance to give my little sister advice as she goes to her A-levels. Dad also mentioned my boo asking how he was and I did not hesitate to ask him to get to know him and really meet him but I did not hesitate to ask him to get to know him first and really meet him. When my boo returns i will push that agenda more but not now. Needless to say we left the Faze2 restaurant in great cheer.

So here are a couple of pictures from the beautiful evening of Great food, Great conversation and Great moments to cherish and store in the special memories brain section. Enjoy

Dad and I
Shivon and Dad
Edna and Dad

Shivon's Gorgeous Smile

Edna's toothy Killer smile


I tried but they won

And the beautiful belles







4 comments:

  1. oh this is so sweet,looks like you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Real nice. Reminds me of the Father-Daughter school dance I was at just the other day with my kindergartner. This is something I can look forward to for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anet: Yeah we had a great time.
    @Rendal: Yeah you better enjoy those moments because they are ones to remember and have our men live up to them

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was so cool, a smile flashed across my face imagining what stories he might have told you. i miss you guys so much. love you all.

    ReplyDelete